Okay, you have booked your in-home newborn session, but now what?
Don't worry, help is on the way! It is so easy to be overwhelmed by the insanely cute baby cloth options, and honestly a lot of them are very expensive to invest in for a photoshoot. Let's be honest here, your little one is likely going to live in some two way zipper footie pajamas! All of the options I am listing out are under $25 and have super cute textures and details. When planning for an in-home session I always like to have an outfit for family photos, coordinating with your wardrobe palate, bloomers for some simple diaper only shots, a secondary outfit for baskets, and any swaddles you love! I also will bring along a bag of swaddles & wraps if you can't find something you love!
Check out my Photography Style Guide for wardrobe planning if you haven't already!
what to avoid
- Sleepers with zippers, unfortunately the zippers tend to bunch up and this can be frustrating during a session and not flattering
- Logos and any words or phrases
- Bold distracting patterns
what to wear
- Bloomers, knit outfits, simple onesies, & swaddles
- Accessories: bows, socks, blankets, special items
- Textures: knit, ribbed, tiny ruffles, buttons
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. I link these companies and their products because of their quality & my experience with them and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.