“2023 bookings are currently closed, thank you!”
how much does it cost?
Session includes 60 minutes of coverage at the location of your choice, an online gallery for image selection delivered to you within two weeks of your session & 40 digital downloads.
Session includes 90 minutes of coverage at the location of your choice, an online gallery delivered to you within two weeks of your session & 60+ digital downloads.
Session includes up to three hours of coverage at the location of your choice, an online gallery delivered to you within three weeks of your session & 80+ digital downloads.
in-home newborn sessions | $525
Includes photos throughout your home as well as solo posed photos of your newest addition
Session includes 90 minutes of coverage at the location of your choice, an online gallery of 60 or more images delivered to you within two weeks of your session. In-home newborn sessions are typically scheduled within 2 weeks of delivery, on a weekday morning.
individual images | $10
Purchase Full Gallery of Photographers Selected Images | $95
Per mile fee, greater than 25 miles | $1
BACKDROP SETUP | $45
SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTOS - 5 images | $175
SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTOS PACKAGE add on - 5 images | $125
VENUE FEES WILL BE ADDED TO THE DEPOSIT INVOICE, IF APPLICABLE
grow with me!
Expecting more than one milestone this year? Let's bundle your sessions so you receive more images and save some money! The sessions can be mixed and matched from a maternity session through to a 12 month cake smash session. Let's connect about how we can capture your family memories!
A 50% non-refundable retainer is due at booking along with signed session agreement, balance due upon completion of first milestone session. Must be used within 18 months of purchase. Grow with me clients will receive galleries of 60+ edited images.
questions & answers
What kind of gear do you use?
My primary camera is a Nikon D850, with a D750 as a backup! My commonly used lenses are a NIKKOR 24-70mm, Tamron 35mm and Sigma 50mm!
Can I extend the session on the day of?
Yes, of course! If you booked a one hour session and decided you want to keep the fun going we can always extend our session out, as long as lighting and venues permit.
What is your approach with children?
We all know that kids can be hard to control. They are so full of energy that they need to run around and burn it all off. However, it may not feel like you are going to receive the beautiful candid images you hoped for, but rest assured you will!. I'm a mom too, so I understand kids and their behaviors. Here are the three steps I take to make sure our session goes well.
1. Before I start taking photos, I'll get down on your kids' level and talk with them. I'll ask them a few questions like what their name is, how old they are, and who their favorite character is from "Frozen". I find that when I show a little interest in them, and get to know them, they open much better and more easily follow my directions from behind the camera.
2. Another way to gain the trust of kids in a photography session is to play with them. I like to find something in common with them, and start to play a little based on that connection. If I can get them to run around a little with me, I can usually get a big smile out of them, and some great candid shots.
3. Once we've developed a solid connection, kids are usually more likely to be able to sit still and listen to directions while we do posed shots. As a mom, I know how important it is to treat kids well. And when I do, they can't wait to come back for their next children's photography session!
How should I prepare for a newborn session?
Things that are helpful to prepare for your session:
1. Remove as much clutter as you can in the rooms you know we will be in. I may ask to shuffle some items around, but it is always a good idea to keep our canvas as free and open as possible!
2. Plan 2-3 outfits for your new baby. I love having variety so this is a great way to pre-plan by laying out some options. I also try to grab some diaper shots if the baby lets me!
3. Pull out a couple of swaddles that go along with the outfits. Swaddles are not just for wearing! I can use them to wrap the moses basket mattress, lay around the baby on your bed, etc. so having some on hand that you love will bring an extra personal touch!
4. Think about any keepsakes, small stuffed animals or other accent pieces you may want to include to personalize your session.
5. Coordinate colors! This is the biggest tip for pretty much any session, but ensure all of your outfits balance each other. Don't be afraid to incorporate different prints or textures, just make sure your colors all compliment each other. Also, don't be afraid to send me photos! I love helping with this step and I am so happy to get involved in your planning!
What are grow with me packages?
Many of my new clients come to me through the process of booking a newborn session, which are some of my favorite sessions. Although, it is a really close race with cake smash sessions, because it doesn't get much more fun than watching zero rules while eating cake!
Grow with me packages can be used for newborn sessions all the way to cake smash sessions, along with everything between. Another amazing benefit is you will receive the full photographers gallery, which means you don't have to pick your favorites and you can create some beautiful memory albums of our sessions together!
$100 off two milestones
$150 off three milestones
I want a backdrop, how does that work?
Great question! My most common backdrop shoot is cake smashes, especially during the Michigan winters! I have a portable backdrop stand and I am able to set it up right in your home (also nice if you need to throw a baby covered in cake into the bathtub!) along with lighting. I love the simple look for any cake smash, with minimal props, but we can plan out any props you would like to use of mine or items of your own! I always have white backdrop paper in stock, but I will share with you anything else I have on hand, or I can order a custom color to meet your needs!
A $45 backdrop fee will apply.
Do I have to order prints through you?
The images which come with your packages are yours to print however you want, but print services are offered through your gallery as a convenience! I use one of the nations largest print servicers and they come right to your door, I always suggest avoiding drug store and home printing if you can!